Monday, December 2, 2013

FUDGE-TASTIC

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the food! Especially the endless conglomeration of sweets that maybe we shouldn't eat, but how can we not!? Personally, I'm a die hard chocolate fan, and I'm quite picky when it comes to fudge. My mama's got it right with this recipe!

Introducing...

The Decidedly Most Delicious Rich Chocolate Fudge 
also known as: Mormon Fudge



You will need:

2 tall cans of evaporated milk
2 sticks of butter

9 cups of sugar
1 tsp of salt

2 jars of marshmallow fluff
2 large milk chocolate bars
12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp of vanilla

Directions:

Heat the evaporated milk and butter together in a large saucepan until the butter melts.
Add the sugar and salt, and bring to a boil.
Cook 13-14 minutes, boiling hard and stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Add the marshmallow fluff, chocolate bars, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
Mix together with wooden spoon.
Beat with an electric mixer until blended.
Pour onto cookie sheet, or cake pan lined with wax paper.
Allow to harden in the refrigerator.

*makes about 1 serving (according to my dad) But really, approximately 30 servings of 2 pieces each.



It is so so good! I've yet to try a different recipe I like more. Let me know what you think! I plan on posting more holiday recipes during the delectable month of December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive