Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happily Ever After

All my life I have been told fairytales that spoke of romance, danger, bravery, and ultimately everlasting true love, marriage and that cliche happily ever after. It sounded so magical, and romantic; and I've always yearned to one day have my own happily ever after.

I always thought I'd get married in my 20s, definitely not right out of highschool!
But along came Senor Bloomfield who stole my heart and wrapped me around his finger.
My personal Prince Charming!

And so we decided to get married. Next year. But when he came to visit in July, we discovered we didn't want to wait any longer.
The first week of August, we set a date to get married on the 24th of August, 2011. Then two weeks later, we started planning the wedding haha.
It wasn't as stressful as I thought it'd be, except I was terrified my dress wouldn't be done in time, or that I would hate it. After all, I'd only given my seamstress a total of 12 days to make a wedding dress from scratch! But she's amazing and had no trouble doing it, thankfully!

However, the day of the wedding was completely stressful until about 4:00pm. I went, with my bridesmaids, to get my makeup done at about 11am-and my mom decided last minute to get her hair and makeup done too! She looked beautiful, of course. But right after we were done and walking out to the car to go to my hair appointment, we realized we had lost the keys. Finally after an hour of searching, tears, and frustration we found them, were half an hour late to get my hair did, and stressed out of our minds.
But it all worked out in the end, and we enjoyed the drive down to my aunt Carol's house in Castle Rock, while eating some good ole' fashioned fried chicken :)

I was so happy to see Zach, since he had stayed down there the previous nights to help set up and what not. Holding him just melted all my worry away.
But shortly after 4, a whirlwind of events began. Our wonderful photographer, Alex, arrived and wanted to get down to business; Zach's family arrived and then everyone was like, "Haleigh you have to put on your dress, I'll go get so-and-so and so-and-so." And SO like a billion people were in the room while I was just in my undies to watch me put my dress on. It was a bit awkward haha.
And then we did the classic mirror shots and makeup shots and all that jazz.

6:00 came really soon, and I couldn't be happier. I was soooo excited! I just wanted to run down the aisle and jump into his arms- and then promptly leave. I didn't really care about all the food or whatever, I just wanted to be with Zach.

Finally it was mine and my dad's turn to walk and I just remember being so happy and in love with my man standing up there. I felt like Zach and I were standing so far apart! I only wanted to hold him while all the technical stuff was being said. My hands were shaking as he was grasping them.
Finally we kissed and walked back into the house, while my brother Quinn Rick-rolled us hahaha.

After that everyone ate the delicious food (hawaiian haystacks and fresh fruit) while Zach and I went off and took photos.
Then I think it was dancing time... But I'm not too sure. We could have cut the cake at that point (which went better than cutting the cake at our Washington reception- we almost knocked it on the ground!)

At some point was the first dance, which was lovely. Gotta love Aerosmith! And then the daddy-daughter dance; I love my dad so much:) And then my bridesmaids and I performed a choreographed version of "Low" by Flo Rida. I wish I had the video! It was so awesome.

I'm so glad we only invited family plus bridesmaids to the wedding. It was so special, and close. I can't imagine that specific event being any better...

After many hugs and kisses and thank-yous, Zach and I headed off to our hotel in Portland.
August 24th, 2011 was one of the best days of my life, the day that I got to start an exciting adventure with the most wonderful husband a girl could dream of. And I cannot wait for our first anniversary when we will be sealed for time and eternity in the temple:)

We have so many people to thank for pulling together this wedding! The wonderful sisters in my ward who put together a beautiful bridal shower on such short notice, lent us so many gorgeous decorations, in addition to driving an hour on the big day to help cook, set up and clean. They are fantastic, creative and selfless women!
Of course my aunt Carol and uncle Brett for their house, hospitality, decorative skills, cooking and event planning. We couldn't have done it without them!
My mother and father for putting up with our decision to put together a wedding in two weeks, and for their constant helpfulness, mostly cheery attitude ;), and for of course their money haha. Just think guys, you'll never have to plan a wedding again!
My brothers for their help with setting things up, making decorations, and for being willing to be happy and helpful during that hectic time.
Our bishops and branch presidents for helping make this event possible, and for being so positive-minded.
Zach's aunt for paying for his family to fly up here, stay in a hotel and have a rental car, all so that they could share in this event in their only son's life.
My beautiful bridesmaids for helping me throughout the whole planning process, for throwing a fantastic bachelorette party for me, and for being the sweetest, most helpful, and most cheerful friends I could ever ask for. Carly, Bailey and Shawnta, I love you all so much!
Karen, my seamstress, for creating my stunning dress on such short notice. No bridal salon in the world could give me a dress within a week!
Alex, our AMAZING photographer, for giving us such a great deal, being fun and upbeat, and of course turning out some of the most beautiful wedding photos ever.

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be

and here are 82 photos from one of the best days of my life!


Yay for 42 REAL buttons!




So handsome!



My groom and his best man





My beautiful bridesmaids :)


"BLOOMFIELD" letters with hanging pics of us growing up!






sooo incredibly happy












Wyatt is so fearsomely strong haha



What a handsome crew:)




"Poop cupcakes!"

"Just think of CJ's penis!"

Shawnta!

Carly!


Bailey!
SUCH a delicious cake! white with raspberry mousse filling



my beautiful little cousins!
I don't want to miss a thing. First dance

"I Held Her First" daddy-daughter dance

aww daddy-daughter dance

Mother-son dance


"You have to sit on the best man when he takes off your
garter." "SINCE WHEN?!"

Carly caught the bouquet!

Ethan!

Quinton!

Wap-Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive