Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WORK

I have A LOT of things to complain about concerning my job, none of which I will list here! Instead, since it's been my goal for a while to be more positive-minded, I've decided to remark on the good things about my work.
I know I've been doing this a lot, but just know that all these posts could have been negative, angry, rants! 
  1. I have a job! That is a blessing in and of itself. 
  2. I'm good at my job. I work for a locally owned restaurant as an Office Assistant/Partial Bookkeeper and Hostess. 
  3. My job is close to my home.
  4. For the Office Assistant/Bookkeeper portion of my job, I don't have to dress up! It's really nice sometimes to just wear jeans and a sweatshirt to work.
    1. Additionally, for this part of my job, I work primarily alone. I am able to listen to music, talk to my husband, and whatever else you shouldn't do in front of customers! 
  5. Since I work in a restaurant, I get 50% off all food, plus free soup/salad, and super discounted employee meals. And when an order is messed up, it's a free for all! 
  6. I get to run errands. I know to some people this doesn't seem fun, but for some reason I really enjoy going to the bank/post office/Staples err day for work! It's a tax write-off, plus I like driving. 
  7. The view from the restaurant is incredible. I hope I never get used to it.
  8. Most of my coworkers are nice and fun to work with!
  9. Apparently, most of the clientele at my work are elderly/'you're so old I don't know if you'll even make it through dinner'. Sometimes older folks can be funny, and sweet! Sometimes. 
  10. I don't have to work weekends. I am so so grateful for this, because weekends are the only time I have to spend with my dear husband. 
This is by no means my dream job, in fact there are many things I abhor about working here. But at least I can comfort myself with these 10 happy facts! Here's to working your butt off, and sticking it out 'til you can make some life changes!  
Baby keep smilin' :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive