Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Peach Yogurt Filled Crepes with Strawberries

I LOVE crepes. I never started making them frequently until I got to college and then my roommates and I scarfed tons of them down weekly.
I have found quite a few really scrumptious crepe recipes recently, but the one I've been using lately comes from Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Cookbook.

Crepes
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour*
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 tsp of vanilla
2 eggs


Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat with a hand beater until smooth.
Lightly butter a 6-8 inch skillet. Heat over medium heat until it's bubbly.
For each crepe pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and immediately rotate the skillet until a thin film covers the bottom. Cook until light brown.
*if using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt

I am a butter freak, I love it. So I always put butter in the pan in between crepes to keep them buttery. They taste perfectly fine without it though.
This morning I decided I wanted a fruity breakfast so I found some Yoplait Light Peach Harvest yogurt and fresh strawberries to wrap in my crepes.

We also had an inviting looking watermelon on the counter that I so badly wanted cut up, maybe I will tonight! Here's how the crepes turned out: 
I sprinkled powdered sugar on the crepes and added a dollop of whipped cream. Definitely sugary. Definitely worth it. 

You can pair so much with these crepes! They're like the neutral skirt of the food world. One of my personal favorites is Nutella crepes... A calorie splurge no doubt, but your taste buds with thank you. 
Other types of yogurt are also delicious, as well as jam in the crepes. Get creative!
Enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive