Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End

College is... strange. The classes are beyond easy. However, the social life is off the charts. "Pass out at 3, wake up at 10, go out to eat, then do it again" is basically the epitome of my life. No joke. Whether it be hanging out with people until the wee hours of the morning, or just talking with my roomies and watching netflix- I have never gone to bed before 1 since I've moved out here. There is just so much to do all the time! I am having so much fun out here, it's unbelievable. Like I can't believe it. :)
But since I waste my days away having fun and being a total lazy college student, my easy classes are becoming obnoxiously demanding. And it's all my fault! It sucks major dick. In a bad way.
I have realized a few things since I've moved out here:
1. I'm going to hell. Well most likely anyway.
2. My priorities are whack.
3. I'm slightly anorexic- not by choice.
4. I think Interior Design is more of a hobby, but I think I've always known that deep down.
5. I love writing
6. I love design in general- fashion (like compiling outfits etc.), interior, graphic, scrapbook etc.
7. I love reading
8. I love learning- as long as I don't have to take a quiz or do some work to go along with it...
9. I think however, that I would really like being a journalistic writer, like for a magazine, along with designing the layout of said magazine.
I mean just think about it: I like fashion. I like beauty research. I like health research. I like design. I like writing. GLAMOUR! No?
I think this is what I'd like to do, for a variety of reasons.
I would be able to do things I love everyday of my job- but it wouldn't be suuuper time consuming AND I wouldn't have to have ridiculous amounts of schooling to qualify for it. Just a journalism major with a minor in design or fashion theory. Something like that. Obviously I haven't researched it yet, but I don't want to do that right now since I'm planning on watching the office tonight.
Additionally I could do an internship for a magazine. That would definitely be a key experience in my success.
Anyhow! I miss being involved in theatre. Miss Bailey Boyd made me think of this after we talked yesterday :) Btdub, we're totally going to Europe together. Yessss....
And, yeah. The Office is definitely calling right now. Hopefully Kirsten will stop watching her dumb dating a douchebag show......... Just Kidding Kirsten! But seriously... :)
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive